Thinking about signing up for hosting with iPage? iPage is a very popular provider, renowned for offering great customers service, tons of excellent features, and a lot of cool bonuses and freebies to customers. While iPage offers a number of different web hosting plans, odds are the one you have heard the most about is the “Essential” plan. What is the Essential Plan, and is it right for you?
The Essential Plan is iPage’s most popular plan. Basically, if in doubt, this is the plan you probably are looking for. Unless you have specialized needs calling for VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, or dedicated hosting, the Essential Plan is what will serve you best.
The Essential Plan costs just $1.99 per month to start out, and you get to lock in that low price for three straight years. This is awesome for a couple of reasons. First, a lot of companies will charge you substantially more than $1.99 to start with. Second, price raising is pretty much ubiquitous with hosting plans across the board, but a lot of companies do it after just a year. The fact that iPage lets you lock in the introductory rate for three solid years is just awesome.
The Essential Plan features include:
- A high-quality site designer with an abundance of features (so many features that some novice web designers actually find them a bit overwhelming). The interface is built for ease-of-use, so even though there are a ton of menus and options, once you get used to it and learn your way around, you should have an easy time getting started with your site. You do not need HTML knowledge. It is a simple point-and-click interface. Modern-looking templates and themes make for a great-looking website right from the start.
- Add apps quickly and easily to your site, including photo galleries, blogging software, and more.
- You get a free customizable email address at your own domain. You can check it anywhere you have an internet connection.
- Shopping cart software, catalogs, and coupon integration are all included, and you can up your online store to accept PayPal payments. This is quite an excellent feature to have at such a basic price point! Many web hosts will only give you online selling tools if you pay a higher rate. This is such a better value!
- The server environment is pooled, so there is always a server that is able to access your site files when a request is made. That means that iPage Essential Plans offer excellent reliability. You do not need to worry about downtime or slow response times.
- Tons of free stuff is included in the Essential Plan. You sign up and you get a free domain, a GB of free storage from Just Cloud, SiteLock Enhanced Security Software, and free advertising credits from Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Customer support is available via telephone or live chat 24/7.
If you read an iPage.com review for the Essential Plan, you’ll see that customers are very happy with the service that the company provides. Are there any complaints? If anything, reviewers tend to state that the only real drawback with the hosting is the learning curve. Basically there is so much given to you at the super low price of $1.99 per month that you may have a hard time learning the ropes. And it is hard to complain about a company providing too much!
So if a great bang for you buck is what you are looking for, iPage’s Essential Plan is an excellent choice. Check out detailed iPage reviews to learn more!